Envelope liners are a wonderful way to add a bespoke, customized feel to your stationery. They can add a needed pop of color or texture, create an opportunity to introduce a new design element + they can ground a design, bringing unity to an invitation suite.
Assembling your liners on your own doesn’t have to be difficult. With some preparation, careful measuring + the right tools, you can be well on your way to creating envelope magic. Here at Más+Millie, we provide custom liner templates for existing design clients who opt to assemble their own liners at home. However, if you are creating your own template from scratch, this is totally doable as well - just keep in mind that not all Euro-flaps are created equal! Finding an A7 triangle flap template online does not always mean you found the perfect template for your specific A7 triangle flap envelope!
Measure + confirm first!
C L I C K H E R E for a free printable download of these instructions.
envelope liner template
straight edge or scissors
1. Download /create your envelope liner template. If making your own, determine the appropriate measurements + cut your template from a heavy card stock or sturdy material like plastic.
2. Using your designed liner paper, trace your template + cut your liner.
3. Insert the liner into your envelope. Make sure you have an even border on all visible sides + be mindful not to overlap any gummed areas.
4. Keeping the liner in place, carefully fold the envelope flap down to create a crease in the liner.
*optional tip | you can use a ruler or bone folder along the crease line to help guide your fold.
5. Open the flap, leaving the liner folded down, exposing the top back of the liner. Using your tape gun, apply a single line of tape along each top edge of the liner.
6. Fold down the envelope flap one more time to adhere liner.